Improving Care Transitions
Preventing Avoidable Readmissions
We draw your attention to the 10 Elements of Project RED:
- Explicit delineation of roles and responsibilities
- Discharge process initiation upon admission
- Patient education throughout hospitalization
- Timely accurate information flow: From PCP Among Hospital Team Back to PCP
- Complete patient discharge summary prior to discharge
- Comprehensive written discharge plan provided to patient prior to discharge
- Discharge information in patient�s language and literacy level
- Reinforcement of plan with patient after discharge
- Availability of case management staff outside of limited daytime hours
- Continuous quality improvement of discharge processes
The following is a link to a helpful presentation titled Project RED – Reengineered Discharge Our Journey to Implementation.
Please Note: If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader, TTY, etc.) and the format of any material on our web site interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact Amelia Cook at ACook@macoalition.org or 781-262-6080 for assistance. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information.